Alena + Phil's Wedding Ceremony

I can't describe how excited I was when my friend Alena asked me to photograph her wedding.  However, never having shot a wedding before, I didn't quite know what to expect.  To prepare, I made detailed lists, bought some new equipment (70-200, 2.8: nothing short of amazing!) and spent countless hours studying other photogs' work.  On the day of their outdoor wedding, mother nature cooperated and gave us beautiful sunshine and 60+ degree weather.  The ceremony was beautiful, and I love that I was able to capture it for them.
_____________________

Phil and Alena planned a very private, outdoor ceremony at their home in Hamilton.  The rolling hills, pond and trees in their backyard made a beautiful backdrop as this couple recited their self-written vows. The morning clouds parted to give way for warm sunshine and an afternoon full of laughter, hugs, family and friends.

This mantilla made me want to get married again.  Gorgeous.


This pendant was worn by Alena's mother and grandmother on their wedding days.



The blushing bride :)


Phil's first look at Alena coming down the aisle...  

I just love how he's looking at her :)

Corey, a friend of the bride and groom, officiated over the ceremony that the couple had written.
Moments after being announced as Man and Wife, Phil realized that he was wearing Alena's wedding band...
They quickly exchanged rings...  (again!)
and Ta-da!  Much better.  

Sorry George, I had to post this one :)
Phil hopped on the mower to move some of the ceremony chairs up to the house after the service.  I couldn't resist a picture.










I love these next two pictures of Alena with her niece, Ashley.

Time to celebrate!
Alena's niece and nephew - such cute kids.


Meet Alena & Phil's bundle of joy, Balin.  All decked out for the occasion :)
Ladies and Gentleman, may I present The Wong Family
Congratulations!  
Stay tuned for pictures from the following weekend's reception...

0 comments:

Post a Comment