The C. Family

The C. Family contacted me back in May to set up some pictures for their soon-to-be six month old son, Ben.  We put a date on the calendar in July, and fortunately, Mother Nature provided us with a gorgeous morning for photographs.

I must say, this mom receives major kudos from me for the creative props that she brought along, ie: a watermelon!  Moms: If you have a shoot coming up and are looking for some interesting prop ideas - see below.

----------------------------------  

This was one of my favorite images from the day - and my sneak peek photo if you've been paying attention!
Prop #1: Ben's dad salvaged this baby rocking chair (it's an antique!) and they had it re-upholistered for Ben's bedroom. How crafty is that?!
It even came with a pillow.
Next, we opted for some classic diaper pictures - with a twist... 
(fuzzy blankets taste delightful, btw!)
Prop #2: the tie!
He's quite handsome in formal attire, don't you think? :)
Prop #3: the basket.  
I brought this one along, and Ben seemed quite content inside.  Another favorite image from the day!
nom, nom, nom.
Then it was time for another outfit change and some family shots.
-----------
Here's the C. Family with their baby. :)

Hangin' out with daddy.
Bubble-rific.


A little stretch of the legs...
I love this next series - here are two of my fav's.

And finally, prop #4: the watermelon!  
Ben wasn't quite sure what to do with it - but it still made for some super-cute shots.


The end!  Thank you so much to the C. Family for driving down from Dayton to meet with me.  It was really nice to meet you all.  Enjoy the rest of your summer!

1 comments:

Andrea Castor said...

Haha...didn't you make us sound like a "cool" family?!?!? Thank you again for the wonderful shoot and for putting up with my husband even though he's from Bellbrook! ;P Some great pictures of just Ben finally!

Post a Comment